Sacred Heart University baseball coach Nick Restaino officially announced the signing of three Connecticut natives to National Letters of Intent. The Pioneers inked Michael Boyian (Norwalk, Conn.), Tim Cotter (West Hartford, Conn.), and Michael Hernandez (Bridgeport, Conn) to the Pioneers Class of 2024.
"We are excited to add three quality in-state players in the early signing period," said Restaino. "These young men are not only talented, but they're smart, well-rounded kids that are good fit for our program academically and athletically. Thanks to Coach [Wayne] Mazzoni and Coach [T.K.] for their recruiting efforts throughout the process. This trio makes us a better ball club."
MICHAEL BOYIAN – RHP – SALISBURY SCHOOL
- Currently attending Salisbury Prep, after four years at Norwalk High
- 2019 All-FCIAC East member
- Team captain at Norwalk as a Senior
- National Honor Society member
Restaino's Take: "Michael is a slender righty, with good upside. He pitched well last summer, showing a good curve ball with a high-spin rate. His velocity bumped every outing,"
TIM COTTER – RHP – KINGSWOOD-OXFORD SCHOOL
- Baseball captain at Kingswood-Oxford
- Played for the American Legion All-Zone Team the past two seasons
- PBR Futures Games Participant for Team CT
Restaino's Take: "Tim is tall, a long and lengthy frame, with room to grow. We see him as a two-way prospect that will compete for time on the mound next fall.
Michael Hernandez – INF (R/R) – AVON OLD FARMS
- Four-time All-Conference selection, with three at Platt Tech and once at St. Thomas More
- Ranked Top 500 Nationally by Perfect Game
- Three-time MVP
- Dean's List at St. Thomas More and member of the National Honor Society
Restaino's Take: "Michael is an athletic infielder with great skills, a love for the game and is a great teammate. He is an elite defender with bat-speed and gap power."