The Sacred Heart University baseball team earned a 4-2 victory over non-conference foe Fordham University at Fairfield University on Wednesday afternoon. The Pioneers improve to 6-7 on the year, while the Jaspers fall to 3-11.
The Pioneers scored their four runs with only one hit on the afternoon.
The Pioneers will travel to Seton Hall for a three-game set this weekend.
- Nick Jaskolski earned the win, throwing 1.2 innings of scoreless ball and fanning two
- David Aufiero worked a scoreless ninth to earn his third save of the year
- Michael Attonito and Brendan Coffey both worked scoreless innings in relief
At the Plate
- Four different players drove in runs on Wednesday
- Isiah Daubon had the Pioneers only base hit, a double
How It Happened
- Manhattan opened the scoring in the bottom of the first, when Matt Padre doubled to left field, plating Will Trochiano
- The Jaspers added a run in the fourth, with Richie Barrella coming around to score on an Alex Cerda double
- Daubon doubled to right field with one out in the top of the seventh-inning and advanced to third on an error
- Joe Emerson walked and stole second and then Stephen Thibault walked to load the bases
- After a strikeout Skarad worked a walk to score Daubon, to make the score 2-1
- Jordan then walked, tying the game 2-2, when Emerson scored
- Anthony Porrino was hit by a pitch, plating Elijah Brown, a pinch runner to give SHU the 3-2 lead
- Kyle Oliver worked a walk as well, scoring Skarad to provide the final margin