The Sacred Heart University men's basketball team makes a one-game stop on Coach Bike Court, to host Central Connecticut State on Wednesday evening. The Pioneers have won back-to-back games and are in fourth place in the league standings at 2-1, while the Blue Devils are 0-4 in conference play. The game will air on NEC Front Row, with Randy Brochu and Ted Woodward on the call.
SHU students that attend the game and check-in using the SHU Crew app will be eligible to win $500 towards books at the SHU Bookstore.
The Pioneers and Blue Devils are meeting for the 65th time in men's basketball, with the Blue Devils holding a 37-27 record in the series. The Pioneers have won eight straight meetings between the two squads, with a 73-61 win at the Pitt Center last January and an 80-66 win in New Britain in February.
- Jare'l Spellman and Koreem Ozier were tabbed NEC Prime Performers on Monday, for their efforts in the Pioneers thrilling win at FDU
- The Pioneers are 17th nationally (as of 1/12) in rebounding, at 41.25 and are 18th nationally in free throw percentage, at 77.2 percent
- Cameron Parker has five double-digit assists games and has four of the top-24 single-game efforts in the NCAA this season - including the top two performances
- Parker is fourth in the country at 8.1 assists per game, while E.J. Anosike ranks 9th in rebounding at 11.1 per game
- Anosike has seven double-doubles this season, good for 27th in the nation, while Parker and Jare'l Spellman are tied for third in the NEC, with four double-doubles apiece
Within The NEC
- The Pioneers are +10 in rebounding margin through the first three NEC games, 38.0-28.0
- SHU is shooting 45.9 percent from the field and 44.2 percent from behind the arc against league foes
- Koreem Ozier is scoring 18.3 points per game, fifth in the NEC, against league foes
- E.J. Anosike is collecting 12.7 boards per game against league foes, first in the rankings, and is one of two players averaging a double-double in league play
- Koreem Ozier eclipsed 550 career points, in his 39th game, at FDU, and enters play this evening with 572 points
- SHU has had 40 or more rebounds nine times this season and leads the NEC with 660 total rebounds
- Kinnon LaRose went over 700 points as a Pioneer at FDU, and has 704 for his career
- The Pioneers recorded a season-high 53 rebounds at Binghamton, and also reached 50 against Pine Manor
Keep An Eye
- E.J. Anosike's needs 12 made field goals to reach 300
- Kinnon LaRose's second three pointer will be the 125th for his career
- Koreem Ozier needs seven made field goals to reach 200 for his career
- Cameron Parker's seventh rebound will be the 200th of his career
- Aaron Clarke's second three-pointer made will give him 50 for his career