AMHERST, Ma.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team fell to the University of Massachusetts this afternoon by a final score of 4-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, Sept. 6 when SHU travels to face in-state rival Quinnipiac. Kick-off is set for 4:00 p.m.
- It would slow start for the Pioneers as they were only able to salvage two shots in opening half compared to UMass's nine.
- The Minutemen would score the opening goal of the game at 3:50 in the half off the foot of Graham Brenner to give UMass a 1-0 lead.
- UMass would score again eight minutes later at 11:32 off a goal by Quinn Serafino to put the Minutemen ahead 2-0.
- UMass would score one more goal before the end of the first half to take a 3-0 lead.
- The Pioneers came into the second half aggressive as they aimed six shots in the half with two on goal while UMass was held to five shots and three on goal.
- Senior Riley Sullivan and sophomore Cristian Suvak each took a shot on goal for SHU in the half but were unable to find the back of the net.
- UMass scored one more goal in the game coming at 86:01 in the half courtesy of Logan Brown to give the Minutemen the 4-0 victory.