Sacred Heart University second-year men's volleyball coach Bob Bertucci announced the Pioneers 2020 schedule. SHU will host 10 matches and have a full-slate of EIVA matches set for the campaign.
"Our student-athletes are looking forward to a competitive schedule and we will be tested early and often with the slate we have put together," said Bertucci. "I look forward to a great season and am anxious to hit the floor in January."
The Pioneers home matches are played at the William H. Pitt Center. The slate includes four teams that played in their respective NCAA Tournaments in 2019.
- SHU hosts St. Francis Brooklyn in the season opener, January 10
- The EIVA opener comes versus Harvard on January 31
- February begins at home with Mount Olive and Barton on February 7 and 8
- SHU hosts perennial NCAA power Penn State February 21 and follow a day later with Saint Francis U
- After spending all of March on the road, SHU comes home to host a pair of matches with league foe, George Mason, April 3 and 4
- The final weekend of the season will be at home, as SHU hosts NJIT on April 17 and defending league champion Princeton on April 18 for Senior Day
On the Road:
- The Pioneers road season opens with a three-game swing against three qualifiers for he 2019 NCAA Division III tournament, beginning January 16 at Springfield
- The first EIVA road games are February 14 and 15 at Charleston in West Virginia
- A seven-match road trip begins at Princeton on February 28 and continues on Lea Day at NJIT, before five matches in March, all on the road
- The Pioneers swing through Loretto and Happy Valley on April 10 and 11, for the final road matches of the season