The Sacred Heart University bowling team finished fourth at the 2020 Northeast Invitational, posting a 9-4 record on the weekend and are now 33-22 on the season. Vanderbilt won the team crown, with three wins on Sunday over McKendree.
The Pioneers return to action on January 25 at the West Chester Invitational.
Match 11: Sam Houston State 4, SHU 2
- Sam Houston State won the opening game, 209-148
- The Pioneers responded with a 200-191 win in game two and a 174-172 victory in the third game
- Sam Houston State captured the next three, including a match-best 225-180 win in game five
Match 12: SHU 4, Lousiana Tech 1
- The Pioneers won the first game, narrowly, 182-180
- La Tech posted its top score of the match in game two, 202, paired with the Pioneers low, 137
- SHU then won three straight including a 216-191 win in the fourth game
Match 13: Sam Houston State 4, SHU 2
- The teams split the first four games, with SHU posting its best score in a 207-189 win on the fourth game
- Sam Houston State averaged 207.5 in games five and six to secure the victory