The Sacred Heart University bowling team opened action at the Music City 300 on Friday, with a 4-1 performance in baker matches. The Pioneers are one of nine teams, 29 are competing, to post four or more wins on Friday and are 16th in pin fall average, at 182.1 after the first day.
The three-day event continues on Saturday, with traditional match play.
Match 1 (SHU 883, Drury 859)
- McKendree bowled a 232 in the final match, to extend a four-pin lead to its final margin
Match 2 SHU 964, #17 Wisconsin Whitewater)
- SHU bowled a 243 in the second-game, eliminating nearly an entire 20-pin deficit from the first game
- The Pioneers picked up six more pins in game three, and 13 in the fourth
- UW-Whitewater won the fifth game, as both teams went over 200, 210-204
Match 3 (SHU 902, Kentucky Wesleyan 784
- The Pioneers high-game was a 203 in the second
- The Pioneers sealed the win with a 194 effort in game five
Match 4 (SHU 876, Spalding 701)
Match 5 (#1 McKendree 1,008, SHU 927)
- McKendree bowled a 232 in the final match, to extend a four pin lead to its final margin
- The Pioneers bowled a 221 in the fourth-game, after opening with a 200-199 loss in the opening game