The Sacred Heart University bowling team placed 14th at the Music City Classic finishing the weekend at 9-4 and improving to 61-36 on the season. The Pioneers posted wins over two nationally ranked teams on the final day, going 2-1 in bracket play.
The Pioneers are back in action next weekend, March 14-15, at the USBC Team Regionals.
Match 11 SHU 4, #17 UW-Whitewater 1
- SHU opened with consecutive 200+ scores, taking a 2-0 lead following 223-142 and 245-177 wins
- The Pioneers had their lowest score of the match in the third, falling 178-146
- SHU rebounded with 180-155 and 170-150 victories to complete the victory
Match 12 SHU 4, #19 Maryville
- The Pioneers posted their lowest score in the opening game, falling 175-164, before earning a 30-pin win, 191-161, in the second to draw even
- The third game was a tight-one, with SHU earning a 195-194 victory for a 2-1 lead
- SHU hit 203 in the fourth game, for a convincing 203-127 victory, and won by 30 pins in the fifth, 194-164, to secure the victory
Match 13 #20 Tulane 4, SHU 1
- Tulane surpassed 200 pins in four of five games, including a 257 in winning the first and 212 in a game-two win
- SHU tallied a 221-173 victory in the third, but the Green Wave shot 244-154 and 225-177 wins to secure the victory