The Sacred Heart University women's soccer team dropped its non-conference finale, 4-0, to visiting Dartmouth College Sunday afternoon on Park Avenue Field. The loss evens the Pioneers record at 4-4-1 on the year, while the Big Green improve to 7-1-0.
Dartmouth scored twice within the first 7:42 of the game and added a pair of goals in the second-half, for the final margin
The Pioneers turn back to Northeast Conference action on Friday, September 27 when they travel to Wagner. The match is set for 7:00 pm.
- Erin Kawakami started the scoring with an individual effort, taking a ball way from a charging goalkeeper and sliding it into the net at the 5:47 mark, for what would prove to be the game-winning tally
- Less than two minutes later Allie Winstanley slipped a pass between two SHU defenders to the foot of Izzy Glennon, who put the ball into the side netting for a 2-0 lead
- Glennon tallied Dartmouth's third goal as well, from a Tracey Mills pass at 67:38
- The final score came at 87:12 when Ellie Geier fed the ball to the middle of the box and Michael Guptill knocked it home
By The Numbers
- Angela DeFazio made six saves for the Pioneers in minding the net for the second half
- Muriel Gordan stopped both Pioneer shots on goal that she faced, for the clean sheet
- Dartmouth held a 17-4 advantage in total shots and a 3-1 edge in corner kicks
- Elyssa Kipperman started in goal for SHU, recording one save in her 45:00 of action