MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Soccer team defeated Robert Morris this afternoon 1-0 to pick up its third Northeast Conference victory of the season. The Pioneers will return to action on Sunday, Oct. 13 when SHU concludes its Pennsylvania swing at St. Francis. Kick-off is set for 3:00 p.m.
- Both sides would be limited in shots in the opening half as SHU was outshot by the Colonials 3-4.
- First-year goal-keeper Elyssa Kipperman had light work in the opening half as she needed to tally to just one save.
- Midway through the first half, sophomore Hannah Busch would score the first and only goal of the game as she propelled through the Robert Morris defense to score the unassisted goal at 23:51.
- Robert Morris would continue its strong attack as a they would attempt six shots in the second half.
- Of those six shots taken, Kipperman would only have to save four in the Pioneers victory.
- The Pioneers attempted three shots in the second half as well.
- No fouls were committed the entire game.
- First-year goalie Elyssa Kipperman tallied 10 saves on the day.
- With the win, SHU improves to 6-5-2 overall and 3-1-1 in conference play.
- Robert Morris drops to 4-8-1 overall and 2-3-0 in NEC play.