LORETTO, Pa.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Soccer team picked up its fourth Northeast Conference victory as SHU defeated Saint Francis U 3-2 this afternoon. The Pioneers will return to action on Sunday Oct. 20 when SHU hosts Mount Saint Mary's. Kick-off is set for 3:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers would be outshot by the Red Flash in the opening half 11-7.
- SHU would be the first team to get on the board as a goal by first-year Meadow Mancini at 10:35 in the half would put the Pioneers ahead 1-0. Assists would be credited to fellow first year's Azria Malloy and Michelle Clarkin.
- SFU would respond ten minutes later as a goal by Alyssa McGhee at 20:36 would even the score at 1-1.
- First-year goalkeeper Elyssa Kipperman would a tally three saves in the opening half on four shots faced.
- The SHU defense would highten in the second as they held the Red Flash to just five shots in the second half while SHU continued its agressive attack tallying seven shots.
- The Pioneers again were the first team to score in the half as first-year Anna Ludkiewicz fired off a shot hitting the back of the net to put SHU ahead 2-1 at 53:09 in the game.
- Saint Francis would even the score once again as McGhee would tally her second goal of the game at 53:48 making the score 2-2.
- Just six minutes later, first-year Desiree Crawford notched her second goal of the year at 59:40 while nailing the game winner for the Pioneers to give them the 3-2 victory.
- First-year Elyssa Kipperman recorded just one save in the second half to tally four on the day.