The Sacred Heart University Swimming and Diving team defeated Monmouth University with a final score of 151-116. First year Nicole Tingley was unbeaten on the day, winning both the 100 and 200 freestyles, and the 200 individual medley. Junior Lauren Somers claimed three more wins for the Pioneers while setting a new McCann Natatorium pool record in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 24.10.
The relay team of Taylor Eck, Somers, Emily Peter, and Grace Bergstrom touched 1st with a time of 4:05.91 in the 400-yard medley relay. Margaret Flaherty and Nicole Sauve followed up with a one-two finish respectively in the 1000-yard freestyle.
Senior Jessica Poole posted a 2:34.47 to win the 200-yard breaststroke while teaming up with junior Julia Pusateri to win the 100-yard breaststroke. Junior Nikole Rudis put up another win in the 200-butterfly with a time of 2:16.70. Sophomore Emily Peter and diver Molly Martin also added to the Pioneer victory with 1st place finishes.
The women's swimming and diving team will close out their dual meet season at home versus St. Francis Brooklyn Saturday, Feb. 2nd at 12:30pm.
- 2nd-100 Backstroke 1:01.90
- 3rd - 100 Butterfly 1:01.16
- 1st- 100 Breaststroke 1:10.50
- 2nd-200 Breaststroke 2:37.35
- 2nd- 100 Breaststroke 1:10.84
- 1st- 200 Breaststroke 2:34.47
- 1st- 200 Butterfly 2:16.70
- 3rd -200 Butterfly 2:21.99
- 2nd -200 Backstroke 2:14.09
- 1st -100 Butterfly 58.80
- 1st- 200 Individual Medley 2:17.36
- 1st- 200 Free 2:01.27
- 1st100 Free 55.37
- 2nd- 100 Free 55.98
- 3rd- 200 Free 2:04.92
- 1st- 50 Free 24.10
- 3rd- 50 Free 25.54
Freestyles Distance 500 & 1000
- 1st- 1000 Free 10:51.12
- 2nd- 1000 Free 11:14.46
- 2nd- 500 Free 5:30.59
- 3rd- 500 Free 5:30.84
- 1st- 1-meter diving (6 Dives)
- 1st- 1-meter diving (5 Dives)
- 400 Medley Relay 1stplace (Eck, Somers, Peter, Bergstrom) 4:05.91
- 200 Freestyle Relay 1st place (Bergstrom, Peter, Tingley, Somers) 1:41.00