EAST MEADOW, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Swimming and Diving team concluded day two at the ECAC Winter Championships tonight. With one session left to go, the Pioneers placed in ninth place as the team has compiled 218 points. The team has completed all of its events with one session remaining tomorrow.
- Senior Lauren Somers took fourth in the 50 freestyle with a time of 24.07 which is a season best.
- The Pioneers sat in ninth place after the morning with a team score of 152.
- The afternoon brought on a big day for sophomore Molly Martin as she took second in the 3 meter dive with a score of 213.50 to pick up 28 points for the Pioneers.
- Martin's performance not just in the 3 meter but also in the 1 meter the previous day earned her diver of entire meet. Diving coach Adam Vance was also named diving coach of the meet.
- Sophomore Aleksandra Dauz tallied a season best score in the 200 meter freestyle with a time of 2:03.53 as she finished 41st overall.
- After both the afternoon and morning sessions the Pioneers remained in ninth place with 218 points.