BOSTON, Mass. – Running alongside some of the top competitors in the most-crowded field the Pioneers have faced this season, the Sacred Heart women's track and field team put together some stellar performances on Friday at the John Thomas Terrier Women's Invitational hosted by Boston University.
- First-year Lauren Santiago was outstanding in the 400m as she placed 28th out of 139 in the event with a personal-best time of 57.68 seconds, easily besting her previous-best time of 59.34 seconds
- In the same event, junior Devyn King was just 0.10 seconds off her personal-best with a time of 59.62 seconds in the 400m
- Sophomore Tara Brody ran the 13th-fastest 60m dash with a time of 8.10 seconds while senior Adriana Forcucci was right behind with the 15th-fastest 60m dash at 8.12 seconds
- Brody was just 0.08 seconds off her personal-record in the 200m as she clocked in at 26.59 seconds in the event on Friday
- Running in the 1000m for the first time, first-year Cassandra Sturdevant placed 56th out of 96 as she crossed the line in 3:06.70
- Seniors Jacqueline Thorne (5:06.46; 36th of 126) and Bianca De Lucia (5:11.38; 51st of 126) led the way for SHU in the one mile run
- First-year Kathleen Delaney knocked more than 13 seconds off her season-high in the 3000m as she clocked in at 11:02.58
- The Pioneer team of Brody, King, Thorne and Santiago placed 14th out of 38 teams competing in the 4x400m relay and clocked in at a season-high time of 3:56.74
- Sophomore Grace Glennon and first-year Jennifer Pasram each tallied marks of 3.25m in the pole vault to lead the way for SHU
- First-year Kaylee Stenderowicz had a solid showing in the triple jump, just missing a Top 10 result as she placed 11th with a mark of 11.20m that also stood as the third-best among all first-years in the event
- Senior Brianna Lavinier was 12th in the shot put (12.41m) and 16th in the weight throw (14.22m), both of which were team-highs in each event
- First-year Sarah Mitchell put up a season-high 11.77m in the shot put to claim 18th place out of 44 throwers
SHU heads to Boston for a fourth straight weekend on Jan. 31-Feb. 1 as the Pioneers will take part in the New England Championship. The Pioneers will also send some competitors to the DeSchriver Invitational on Feb. 1 in East Stroudsburg, Pa.