ST. ALBANS, Vt. – Three members of the women's cross country found their way into the top 10 of Saturday's Vermont Fall Foliage Invitational, hosted by the University of Vermont. The Pioneers finished with four runners in the top 15 overall to help the team finish second out of three teams. The host Catamounts swept the top six places overall in the 5K race to finish with a perfect score of 15 points, followed by SHU with 48 points, and Bryant in third with 85 points.
- Five Pioneers set new personal records in the meet, including junior Bianca De Lucia (18:56.3), Gaelyn Kattman (19:02.3), Bonnie Wilder (19:15.8), Angela Kaiser (20:06.5) and Brenna Thibodeau (20:39.3).
- Frontrunner Jacqueline Thorne led the SHU pack for the fifth time in as many races this season, crossing the finish line seventh overall in 18:40.2. Junior Olivia Weiss (18:42.0) was right behind in eighth place, with fellow junior Bianca De Lucia (18:56.3) close behind in 11th overall, breaking the 19-minute mark for the first time in her career.
- Gaelyn Kattman (19:02.3) followed in 14th place overall and Bonnie Wilder (19:15.8) finished 17th to round out the team's top five scorers.
- Junior Jody DiCicco took sixth on the team and 18th overall in (19:20.8), with senior Emma Cary (19:44.2) rounding out the team's top seven in 24th place overall.
- Sophomore Brigit Kelly placed 26th overall in 19:56.8, and was joined by Angela Kaiser (28th/20:06.5) and Delaney Kimball (30th/20:15.8) in the top 30.
Next Friday, SHU will send several runners to the CCSU Mini-Meet at Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, while the remainder of the team will next compete next at the Northeast Conference Championships on Oct. 27.