BRONX, N.Y. – The Sacred Heart women's cross country team competed in its final meet of the 2019 season on Saturday, racing at the ECAC Championships at Van Cortlandt Park. The Pioneers had 10 runners compete in the meet and combined for a 13th place finish out of 18 teams. Jacqueline Thorne's team-leading 31st place finish on the day gives her All-East honors to highlight the effort on the day for SHU.
- Thorne completed a sensational senior season with yet another top finish on the team, placing 31st overall with a time of 19:01.9
- For Thorne, she was the fastest Pioneer in all eight events she competed in during the 2019 season while this is her best finish at the ECAC Championships of her career
- Sophomore Gaelyn Kattman was next to finish for SHU as she placed 80th overall out of 146 runners with a time of 19:54.6
- Rounding out the scoring for the Pioneers was senior Bianca De Lucia (89th place, 20:05.3), junior Bonnie Wilder (95th, 20:19.6) and junior Gabrielle Vega (105th, 20:37.9)
- Five other Pioneers competed in the event including junior Brigit Kelly (109th, 20:46.9), first-year Kathleen Delaney (112th, 20:54.3), junior Brenna Thibodeau (126th, 21:22.1), first-year Cassandra Sturdevan (127th, 21:23) and junior Victoria Lynch (132nd, 21:43.2)